THE SMALL PRINT
Our Terms and Conditions
Some sample contracts below but any questions please do not hesitate to ask
Sample : Cat Care Contract
The parties to this contract and agreement are:
(Hereinafter referred to as "the Owner")
The Cats Maid
(Hereinafter referred to as "the Sitter")
Whereas the Owner wishes to engage the Sitter and the Sitter agrees to undertake the services under the terms and provisions defined in this Cat Sitting Contract as well as the Owner's
Information Sheet, Cat Information sheet(s) and the Veterinary Release Form which shall
all become part of this Contract. Any reference to pets in this contract shall refer to those
specified on the Cat Information sheet(s).
1. Relationship and Responsibilities
It is expressly understood that the Owner retains the services of the Sitter as an Independent Contractor and not as an employee. The Sitter undertakes to perform the agreed-on services in an attentive, reliable and caring manner and the Owner undertakes to provide all necessary information to assist in this performance.
2.1. The Sitter shall be paid the amount of £_______________________ and no deductions shall be made for late departure or early return of the Owner.
2.2. Additional fees may include the purchase of necessary items for the care of the pet(s), including but not limited to pet food, litter or cleaning supplies, transportation, unexpected visits and emergency expenses for health care. The Sitter shall retain and submit receipts as proof of additional expenses.
2.3. The amount of £_____________________ shall be payable in advance at time of confirmed booking and payment of the balance effected on commencement of this Pet Sitting Contract.
3.1. This Cat Sitting Contract shall come into effect on
the ____ day of____________________20____
and shall terminate on
the _____day of _____________________20____.
3.2. The term of this Cat Sitting Contract may be extended if requested by the Owner and so
accepted by the Sitter.
3.3. The onus shall be on the Owner to confirm his/her return and his/her availability to resume
care of the property and cat(s) prior to or on the last day of this contract term failing which the
Sitter may perform additional visits in the interest of the cat (s)..
3.4. Any additional visits or duties shall be calculated at published rates pertaining at the time of contract.
4. Cancellation or Termination
4.1. Either party may terminate this Cat Sitting Contract a minimum of 72 (seventy-two) hours prior to the first scheduled visit without incurring penalties or damages. Contracts canceled after commencement by the Owner due to early return will not be entitled to any refund.
4.2. Failure by the Owner to cancel by giving the minimum notice required or any cancellation
during recognized holiday periods will result in a 25% cancellation fee of the total amount due.
4.3. Where the Sitter needs to cancel later than 72 (seventy-two) hours prior to the Owner’s
departure due to unforeseen circumstances, he/she may appoint a substitute with the written
approval of the Owner and any difference in the fees charged shall be for the account of the
4.4. Should any cat become aggressive or dangerous, the Sitter may:
4.4.1. Arrange with the pet's Guardian to assume responsibility for the pet until the Owner's
4.4.2. Place the pet into a kennel or animal care facility at the Owner's expense if the Guardian is unable or unwilling to assume responsibility for the pet.
4.4.3. In either event, as described in 4.4.1. and 4.4.2. above, this contract shall be deemed
terminated unless the Sitter agrees to continue with other home caring duties and/or caring for
other listed cats at no reduction in compensation.
4.5. Any wrongful or misleading information in the Owner's Information or Cat Information sheets may constitute a breach of terms of this Cat Sitting Contract and be grounds for instant termination thereof.
4.6. Termination under the circumstances described in 4.4 or 4.5 above shall not entitle the Owner to any refunds nor relief of any outstanding payments due.
5.1. The Sitter will perform the duties required to the best of his/her ability in a responsible manner.
5.2. The Sitter accepts no liability for any breach of security or loss of or damage to the Owner's
property if any other person has access to the property during the term of this agreement.
5.3. The Sitter shall not be liable for any mishap of whatsoever nature which may befall a cat or
caused by a cat who has unsupervised access to the outdoors.
5.4. The Owner shall be liable for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to
the Sitter caused by the cat as well as damage to the Owner's property.
5.5. The Sitter is released from all liability related to transporting cat(s) to and from any
veterinary clinic or kennel, the medical treatment of the cat(s) and the expense thereof.
The parties agree to indemnify and hold harmless each other as well as respective employees,
successors and assigns from any and all claims arising from either party's wilful or negligent
In the event of an emergency, the Sitter shall contact the Owner at the numbers provided to
confirm the Owner's choice of action. If the Owner cannot be reached timeously, the Sitter is
7.1. Transport the cat(s) to the listed veterinarian;
7.2. Request on-site treatment from a veterinarian;
7.3. Transport the cat(s) to an emergency clinic if the previous two options are not feasible.
The Sitter warrants to keep safe and confidential all keys, remote control entry devices, access
codes and personal information of the Owner and to return same to the Owner at the end of the contract period or immediately on demand.
9. Photographs/Personal Data.
You consent to us using photographs of your cat taken by us, for use on my website/social media sites/printed materials. We will never sell copies/grant copyright to 3rd parties without your consent. By signing any or all the Grooming Contract /Cat Sitting Contract / Transport Form(s) you agree to The Cats Maid holding the data contained on those forms. This data is stored for exclusive use by The Cats Maid and will not be provided to any third party
10. Links to Other Websites.
Links to other sites are for information only. I have no control over the content of other websites and accept no responsibility for any loss/ damage that may arise upon accessing them.
The Cats Maid holds full Public Liability insurance, which can be viewed upon request.
The Sitter has undertaken an CRB Disclosure for your peace of mind. Please ask for more detail if necessary.
13. Relaxation of Terms
No relaxation, indulgence, waiver or release by any party of any of the rights in terms of this Cat
Sitting Contract on one occasion shall prevent the subsequent enforcement of such rights and
shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of any of the terms.
14. Whole Agreement
This Catt Sitting Contract and Owner's Information sheet, Cat Information sheet(s) and the
Veterinary Release Form attached constitute the sole and entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged expressed or implied provision not contained therein. Any alteration to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
No party may assign any of its rights or delegate or assign any of its obligations in terms of this
Cat Sitting Contract without the prior written consent of the other party, except if inclement
weather or a bona fide emergency prohibits the Sitter from fulfilling his/her duties in which event the Cat's Guardian may be called upon to care for the cat(s).
The parties agree that any or all parts of this agreement may be submitted to the other party in
legible and recordable electronic form and upon acknowledgment of receipt by the receiving party shall become valid parts of the agreement.
Paragraph headings are for convenience of reference only and are not intended to have any effect in the interpretation or determining of rights or obligations under this agreement.
Where appropriate words signifying one gender shall include the other and words signifying the
singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
Signed at __________________ on this _____day of ___________________20____ by the
Owner who warrants his/her authority to enter into this agreement.
Owner's Signature: _______________________________
. Signed at __________________ on this _____day of ___________________20____ by the
Sitter who warrants his/her authority to enter into this agreement.
Sitter's Signature: _______________________________
Sample Grooming Contract
The Cats Maid Grooming Customer Agreement
The Cats Maid knows how important your cat(s) are to you and your family, and we ensure you they are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on providing a gentle and loving experience for your furry friend. Our number one concern is your pet(s) safety while focusing on what’s in their best interest.
Please read and agree to our terms of service below before service can be performed:
The Owner hereafter referred to as Cat Parent.
1. Cat Parent is responsible for all vaccinations & assumes all risk and consequences that might result if pet is not fully vaccinated.
2. Cat Parent must inform if pet(s) bite, have bitten, or have a history of aggression.
3. Cat Parent understands senior pets will not be forced through grooming and only groomed for cleanliness and comfort, not for style.
4. If your cat needs a clip due to a matted coat, you should be aware that irritation may occur from the shaving process and occasionally small nicks may occur due to the proximity of matted fur to the skin. All clips may uncover nicks, scabs, cuts, fungal or bacterial issues, pre-existing irritation or other potential problems. You agree to pay all costs for the groom, even if we are unable to fully complete the task.
5. De-matting / detangling of matted fur may cause patchiness and hair loss. Consent to remove the matted hair is on this understanding. Excessive de-matting can be a very painful and dangerous process for your pet. If the matting has developed into a pad close to the skin, We will clip under mats with electric clippers to remove them. I will assess each case individually and discuss options with you. You need to be aware that clipping a coat can result in a structural change to the hair, which may result in colour variation upon re-growth. Also, please be aware that shaving your cat will dramatically alter its appearance.
6. Cat Parent must inform immediately if pet(s) have fleas/ticks/parasites. Flea baths are required if fleas are present and you will be charged £10.00 for treatment in addition to agreed charges
7. Cat Parent agrees any cancellations with less than 48-hour notice will result in a loss of 25% deposit paid.
8. Cat Parent understands although our groomers & bathers take extreme caution during the bathing process and all our products are for pets and there always is the possibility they can splash or wipe shampoo into their eyes, leading to eye irritation.
9. Cat Parent gives authorization to take and post picture of their pet(s) to any social media, advertising or website associated with The Cats Maid
10. Cat Parent agrees that quotes are an estimate may be adjusted after the groom.
11. Cat Parent agrees all prices are non-negotiable and subject to change without notice
12. Cat Parent understands your satisfaction is important to us, and we will make any adjustment or redo any service within 5 business days of service completion. If longer than 1 week, you may be charged accordingly at the discretion of management.
By agreeing to this contract, you agree to hold The Cats Maid, it's owners, operators, employees, officers, and directors harmless from any damage, loss, or claim arising from any condition of the undersigned pet(s), either known or unknown to The Cats Maid.
You also consent to and authorize the grooming of your pet(s), while acknowledging the risks associated with pet grooming. It is also further understood and agreed the terms of this agreement can change at any time, without notice, and will overwrite all prior signed contracts or releases.
Thank you for choosing The Cats Maid for your pet grooming needs and we look forward to serving you.
Signed by The Cat Parent ………………………………………………………………………..
Signed on behalf of The Cats Maid ……………………………………………………………